[Board] a long story starting with SOAP and ending in Switzerland

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at wheregroup.com
Tue Jul 10 13:32:55 PDT 2007

On Tue, July 10, 2007 20:53, Jo Walsh wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 02:34:48PM -0400, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> working group, where I gather there will be additional efforts to
>> naildown
>> SOAP support in WCS 1.2.  I'd love to see SOAP support implemented for
>> MapServer by some European individual/group with JRC funding.
>
> Okay, so one would want to swing this as a "Cross-project sponsorship".
> And make sure that as well as the server-side support, there is
> backing for the client programs to implement SOAP client support.
> Possibly to extend this beyond what are officially Foundation
> projects, even. Everything with an OGC W*S would be in scope.
>

> jo
> --

Sure. We decided to add SOAP bindings to Mapbender during our development
sprint in May this year:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Mapbender_Development_Sprint#Topics

Today we discussed the same thing in the OGC WMS RWG (because WMS did not
know up to now) and we are might start to need it soon for security
issues.

But these are not board issues any more, are they?

Regards,