[Board] Meeting Reminder - this Friday

Markus Neteler neteler.osgeo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 09:30:54 PST 2007

On 3/3/07, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Jo Walsh wrote:
> > Every second talk had a GeoNetwork installation mentioned in it; an
> > amazing-to-me level of open source related enthusiasm and optimism.
> > gvSIG are super gung-ho to get into the incubator, which is lovely.
> > Perhaps the incubation process in general could do with a 1 year review.
>
> What did you have in mind with regard to a 1 year incubation review.  Did
> you want a report to the board from the incubator on where it stands?
> Or are you suggesting that the incubator should sit down and review it's
> process with an eye towards re-engineering where appropriate?   I'd be happy
> to produce a report to the board and membership.

A maybe offtopic related question here:
With GRASS incubation, I feel that it just depends on my personal efforts...
Should IncCom bother the projects to make progress, or the mentors
or just let it running as-is? This certainly affects all incubated projects.

(we can move this to a different subject/list if appropriate or drop it)

Markus