[Board] 501c3 update...

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Jan 10 11:25:44 PST 2008

FYI - I've been working through this list of question from Dave and
will need some help to answer a few of them.  I've answered most of
them already, but thought you'd like to see some of the questions to
get a feel for the process.

It's the first part of #4 that I could use some advice on.  How do we
describe OSGeo's Intellectual Property (if any)?  Can we say that
OSGeo has Intellectual Property in the software projects?  What if
they don't assign copyright to OSGeo?

Also #7 relates to Tim B's recent questions about the organisation's
stated purpose and how to describe it.  I have started something
intended to answer this here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/501c3_narrative

We're doing quite well in the process, getting a few of these last
items figured out will help move it along.

Talk to you tomorrow,
Tyler

Begin forwarded message: