[Board] Teach-in 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri May 30 12:39:32 PDT 2008

On 30-May-08, at 12:11 PM, Mark Lucas wrote:

> OSGeo needs to empower and enable these activities and local activity.

When I meet with groups who are looking for ways to help with OSGeo
or develop OSGeo locally, I regularly advise them to find ways to run
and hold workshops.  I also tell them to meet together face-to-face
with others whenever possible and to try to couple it with an event,
if they need another reason to meet.  All three of these suggestions
come together easily under this workshop proposal idea.  I agree with
Mark's perspective that empowering these kinds of activities is in
the best interests of the community and the projects.

Tyler