[Board] In-kind sponsorships

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Oct 22 11:52:58 PDT 2008

Howard wrote:
> Members who are active in committees and organization generate
> their own visibility

Perhaps we need to make this benefit of volunteering / participation
more visible.  There are likely case studies in the MapGuide community
of small consulting shops that are overwhelmed with work now because of
their involvement (which perversely limits the time they can spend on
the community).  I wonder if any of the larger organisations involved
with OSGeo that have seen similar benefits to participation.  Something
to take to the marketing committee I guess?

Jason