[Board] foss4g marketing [was: facilitating FOSS4G continuity]

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 11 11:52:01 PDT 2009

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> Then there is the
> idea of paying someone's way to attend the event, but that's obviously a
> bigger issue.

This is exactly what I am talking about.  The "bigger issue".  LOCs can
throw free passes in no problem, but the real problem is covering all
costs (such as for representatives of the OSGeo conference committee, or
the past LOC organizer).  Roll your eyes if you wish, but if we want  to
"facilitate FOSS4G continuity" we'll have to deal with the bigger issue
at some point.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna