[Board] foss4g marketing [was: facilitating FOSS4G continuity]

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Wed Mar 11 12:09:27 PDT 2009

Perhaps we can "dodge" this issue by starting to be more proactive in
our "seed funding" duties. 2008 had to beg, and I think received
nothing in the end. 2009 I am not sure received anything either. Why
don't we get 2010 to set up their account, and transfer $15000 to
them, then *they* can choose the most effective use of their pre-event
seed funding (bearing in mind the need for deposits as well as
marketing activity).

Paul