[Board] FOSS4G 2010 Board Meeting

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Apr 17 07:45:06 PDT 2010

Folks,

In Lausanne and South Africa we certainly made constructive use of a
day (well morning and afternoon) so I think a day and a working room
of some sort are desirable.

My preference would be to hold the board elections in advance of
FOSS4G so that these meetings can be the opportunity for the new
board to gel and set forward looking plans and priorities rather than
a last hurrah by a board where some folks are stepping down.

Jeff McKenna wrote:
> I also feel that we should make attendance mandatory for this meeting,
> and start planning accordingly.

I'm not a fan of the word "mandatory".  It might make sense though to offer
financial support to help directors attend.