[Board] OSGeo board, F2F Meeting in India

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Feb 5 08:34:58 PST 2010

Folks,

just to throw in another idea: "distributed meeting".

I.e. to meet in parallel continent-wise to reduce travel distances to
a minimum, to get directors together in chunks, and to connect
the group via electronic communication media.

Concretely (modifications according to travel schedule):

* Section Europe:
    * Arnulf Christl
    * Ari Jolma
    * Markus Neteler

* Section India:
    * Ravi Kumar (perhaps Ravi coming to Europe for this?)

* Section Northern America
    * Howard Butler
    * Frank Warmerdam
    * Chris Schmidt
    * Geoff Zeiss
    * Jeff McKenna

We would get enough overlap to have hours of joint video
conferencing and leave the ours out-of-sync for local
discussions. Would also reduce our CO2 impact.

Why? It would definitely be more productive for me to be in
a dedicated place with some other directors than doing
skype conf'ing from my office or being surrounded by my kids :)

YAI (yet another idea),
Markus