[Board] Potential Vietnam Chapter

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Sat Mar 6 20:22:45 PST 2010

On 2010/03/07 12:42, Howard Butler wrote:
>>> suggesting that "official" local chapters to sponsor OSGeo at
>>> Associate Sponsor level(for non-profits) and avail benefits that
>>> come with it. I would also suggest special sponsorship rates for
>>> non-OECD countries to lower entry level barriers for countries
>>> like VN etc.
> This idea would completely disincentivize most local chapters to
> even participate.

I do not think so.

> Furthermore, differentially putting up giant barriers to participate
> like this would invite resentment within the organization.

Then what is the appropriate way of requesting local
organizations to sponsor OSGeo that Tyler is mentioning.

> Can you explain the benefits currently availed to local chapters that
> would warrant $3000?

That is why I specially mentioned Associate Sponsor (for Non-profits),
could be set some where below $3000 maybe.

The benefits same as present Assiciate Sponsor
http://www.osgeo.org/sponsorship

Venka