[Board] Potential Vietnam Chapter

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Mar 7 04:53:04 PST 2010

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> What I do hope is that local chapters will present a full set of
> OSGeo sponsorship opportunities to local companies, and government
> organizations.  This includes sponsoring the local chapter as well
> as sponsoring OSGeo, OSGeo projects and FOSS4G.

In my experience, in some local chapters there might be only (very) limited
knowledge about how to approach sponsors from industry or governmental
organizations. Is there anything we could offer from OSGeo int'l to facilitate
the hunt for sponsors of the local chapters? Surely it works different in the
various parts of the world but some concepts will be in common.

Markus