[Board] Director Responsibilities

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Wed Mar 24 13:20:26 PDT 2010

Hi all,
Each year when we have board elections I'm asked for more info on the
role of director/board positions.  I was certain I'd done this before,
but couldn't find where/when.

So I took the liberty of starting a wiki page to try to articulate
director's responsibilities.  It's a first step based on our bylaws as
well as some books that had suggestions, and I applied the parts I found
relevant for our particular context.  I'm sure you will have more ideas
or comments as well.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Director_Responsibilities

It's a pretty short list, intended to be high level.  I'm sure a more
detailed "action item" style list would also be useful after these top
level items are solidified.

I think it would be helpful to gauge the level of agreement on the items
in the list, so that we are all on the same page as to the priorities of
the board.  If you have items to add, just let me know or add them directly.

Tyler