[Board] have fun today, hopes

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon Sep 13 10:43:50 PDT 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 12:45 PM, ext Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:

> On 2010/09/14 0:41, Jo Walsh wrote:
>> Personally happy to keep chipping in here. The balance of
>> board/board-priv business seems to have been struck pretty well.
>> But what were we talking about before we started meta-talking?
>
> Before the meta-talking, we were considering
> Mark Lucas was suggesting about some forum where
> ex-board folks could meet and gossip like we
> used to do in the old days.
>
> Agree totally that board list should be public and
> most board matters addressed to/by the board must be
> on the public board list.
>
> Would like to know how the board-priv works. Anyone
> can post to board-priv and only the present board
> members can read?

Yes. board-priv is just an email alias that sends to people;
it's not even a real 'list'. It is almost never used; in the
time I have been on the board, I think it has been used 3 times;
once for a contract, once for our IRS docs, and one for another
item that was requested to be private. Whenever possible, we
avoid using it for any length of time, and discussion is almost
universally on the public board list unless it's really sensitive
(and some members, like myself and Frank, will usually end most
emails on the board-priv list with "Can we put this on a
mailing list yet?" :))

-- Chris