[Board] Re: [Live-demo] Confirming osgeo is ok with proposed osgeo-live open licenses

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 15:55:44 PDT 2011

Tyler,
On behalf of OSGeo, can you please make a public statement to the
osgeo-live list noting that we can use OSGeo owned documentation under a
Creative Commons By Attribution license. You may wish to get the ok from
the osgeo-board before doing so.

Maybe write something similar to:

As the acting executive officer for the OSGeo Foundation, I confirm that
current and future documentation, code and data owned by the OSGeo
Foundation may be used to to create OSGeo-Live contents under the
following conditions:
* Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License for
Quickstarts
* Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project Overviews
* A version of LGPL for OSGeo-Live install scripts

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director

Think Globally, Fix Locally