[Board] Maintenance of list of project, committees and chapter liaisons/chairs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 7 14:12:14 PDT 2011

On 11-06-07 04:47 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Hi Board,
>
> Arnulf contacted me asking whether it is an Incubation Committee job to
> maintain the project liaison officer list up to date:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Project_Steering_Committees
>
> It's not clear to me whether this falls in IncCom territory nor not, but he's
> right that someone needs to do that followup regularily, and I guess we have
> the same issue for local chapters (and to a lesser extent for all committees as
> well).
>
> Should we setup a yearly process to contact all appointed chairs / liaison
> officers and get them to officially confirm once a year that they are still in
> charge? Or maybe we already have such a process in place and I'm just not aware
> of it?

Daniel,

I don't think this is the purvue of the incubation committee.  In theory the
projects are supposed to request confirmation of PSC chairs / liaisons but
of course they often do not realize this so investigating from time to time
is a good idea.  Perhaps this could be made part of the "annual report"
process?