[Board] Funding for IslandWood sprint?

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Thu Sep 1 01:20:33 PDT 2011

On 09/01/2011 06:04 AM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 11-08-31 08:53 PM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
>> P.S: Pl advise if it is appropriate for an Ex Director to post on this
>> list.
>
> Ravi,
>
> In my humble opinion it is *very* appropriate!  We need the wisdom of our
> past directors!
[...]
> Best regards,

Ravi and all other Ex-Borgs,
I very much support what Frank says, it is *very* appropriate if you
share your wisdom with the current board.

And as Markus suggested we should have some official group or hook for
ex directors to make them feel part of OSGeo and also acknowledge their
contributions. Not sure what would be an appropriate form?

Another idea is to better integrate the charter members, they own the
organization and should also feel responsible for what we are doing.

These are just additional thoughts for our future development, maybe
someone with more non-profit governance experience than me can chime in
and recommend what to do.

Thanks,
Arnulf

--