[Board] New MOUs proposed...

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Sep 1 16:03:03 PDT 2011

As briefly discussed at the meeting earlier, we have two new memorandum of understanding agreements drafted and ready for your review, questions and, hopefully, your approval.  We've discussed them briefly over past two month board meetings.

1. ICA: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_ICA - Agreement to work with International Cartographic Association.  Much is already happening by its members who also happen to be OSGeo members.  So I don't anticipate much work on OSGeo's end to support this agreement.

2. SIGTE: http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_SIGTE - One request was to pass academic MOUs through the OSGeo education committee for feedback, that has been done, resulting in no changes for the MOU.  SIGTE is a leader in running various events and open source geo training, so this is a strong connection to that community and another step toward a broader global education network for OSGeo.

Any questions?  If not, I'm looking for a motion to adopt these so I can sign them off.  The coordinators are excited about having this connection.

Thanks,
Tyler

p.s. I'm still working on minutes from the board meeting today, but you can see some of the discussion http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2011-09-01.log - some of which relates to the above.