[Board] Financial Report

Tim Schaub tschaub at opengeo.org
Fri Sep 2 12:38:47 PDT 2011

Does the treasurer have to be a volunteer on the board?  The duties
mentioned here feel important enough that I think they would be the
responsibility of our one paid staff (Tyler).  Is this a conflict of
some sort?

I understand if this should be a topic of conversation for the F2F meeting.

Tim

On 9/2/11 10:52 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
> I agree with Jeff that it should be something more regularly reported
> on, briefly monthly and/or a bit longer on a quarterly basis.
>
> Frank is technically treasurer, but hasn't be able to do it for a long
> while, he has been looking for someone to replace him - any takers? It
> means mainly working with me to run/review some reports from our online
> quickbooks system and presenting them for approval to the board.
>
> I have engaged an accountant to help do highest level year end
> reporting, eg. for IRS, and I'll line up a bookkeeper to help on the day
> to day side shortly, since that all has to be updated to feed into the
> monthly report idea.
>
> Hope that answers your questions. Holler if you have more.
>
> Tyler

Tim Schaub
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org