[Board] Resignation from Board

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Tue Feb 7 18:33:37 PST 2012

On 2012/02/07 20:21, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> Jeff's decision to resign from the board and the conference committee was his own decision, and I think his two emails covered what needed to be said.  This is sad, of course, but Jeff has his reasons and beyond that we should respect his privacy.
Jeff has made most of his recent views public

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-January/009364.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/board/2012-February/009394.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2012-February/001633.html

I think the Board owes an explanation to the community (on
osgeo-discuss) about
the reasons/circumstances that led to acceptance of Jeff's resignation.
This will
be no disrespect to his privacy.
This should be done before Board Members start expressing thier private
about how the vacant Board member seat can be filled.
> On 2012/02/07 18:23, Jeroen Ticheler wrote:
>> My questions to you are now if will you come up with a statement related to this and if you will make an announcement on OSGeo Discuss before more discussion and gossip starts to take place.
I fully agree with Jeroen on the that.

Venka