[Board] RE: more Face to Face planning

Arnulf Christl arnulf at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 2 19:48:12 PST 2012

Michael,
my intention was to make this as open as possible and hopes were / are
that people contribute to our agenda, potentially hook up on a conf
call, hang out on IRC and so on. Just making sure that we do not appear
as if working behind closed curtains.

I am not expecting anybody to physically join the meeting except they
can make it on their own budget and fill some kind of role (committee
chair, project lead with something on her hands, etc.).

Cheers,
Arnulf

On 01/02/2012 04:50 PM, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> I just noticed Arnulf wrote on the wiki page
> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Seattle_2012) that
> the meeting was for "as many board members as possible (and
> potentially others contributing to OSGeo)".
>
> I can see both upsides and downsides to the idea -- but as a
> practical matter, I doubt we'd get anyone to show up unless they're
> local...
>
> Were we planning to invite anyone specifically, or just make an open
> call?
>
> If we're expecting others I'll need to coordinate with the hotel...
>
> -mpg
>

>> -----Original Message----- From: Michael P. Gerlek
>> [mailto:mpg at flaxen.com] Sent: Monday, January 02, 2012 1:36 PM To:
>> board at lists.osgeo.org Subject: more Face to Face planning
>>
>> I've got CedarBrook more or less confirmed at this point (hard to
>> nail things down with the holiday break and all, but I'm
>> trying)...
>>
>> * FRANK and JEFF: please indicate on the wiki when you plan to
>> arrive and depart, so I can get you rooms.
>>
>> * JO and MARK: the entire hotel is reserved for Sunday night, so
>> you'll have to make alternate arrangements for lodging that night.
>> Let me know if you want me to help with that.
>>
>> * ALL: please update the wiki to indicate arrival times (and
>> perhaps departures).  If enough people are going to be there by
>> dinner time on Friday, I can arrange a group dinner for us.
>>
>> * The last word I got from Tim was that he could not attend, and
>> his name isn't on the wiki, so I'm assuming we will only be 8
>> people.
>>
>> * Daniel needs a double room, noted.
>>
>> * It looks like enough of us will be around Sunday afternoon that I
>> will assume we want the conference room for Sunday afternoon as
>> well.
>>
>> * If you have any dietary concerns/restrictions, please let me know
>> so we can provide you with appropriately yummy foodstuffs.
>>
>> -mpg

President, OSGeo
http://www.osgeo.org