[Board] Funding request for the QGIS Developer Meeting in October 2012

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Mon Jun 18 01:20:46 PDT 2012

Hi Board

Just wondering if we need any further information on this from Paolo or if
we're OK to propose a motion and get voting? It seems like a modest amount
and a worthwhile cause to me!

Thanks

Jo

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

> Il 08/06/2012 18:08, Michael P. Gerlek ha scritto:
>
> > We have some guidelines for this sort of request on the wiki:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines
>
> Basic Information
>
>    Audience: how many people are expected?
>
> * about 30
>
>    Region: is the sprint localized to a specific region?
>
> * no
>
>    Projects: is the sprint to work on just one specific project, or is it
> for
> multiple projects?
>
> * focused on QGIS
>
>    Length: how many days will the sprint cover?
>
> * October 3rd-7th 2012
>
>    Venue: where will the sprint be held? will food be provided? will
> overnight
> lodging be provided?
>
> * http://www.linuxhotel.de
> * food and lodging provided for developers
>
> Expected Expenses
>
>    what is the expected cost per attendee, for travel, lodging, and food?
>
> * about 8.000 € for 30 attendants
>
>    what is the expected cost for the venue (such as conference room, wifi
> support,
> snacks, etc)?
>
> * included in the figure above
>
> Expected Revenues
>
> * no revenue expected
>
> Profit / Loss / Risk
>
>    What is the expected profit of the event, if any? where will any
> surplus money go?
>    Under what circumstances might the event incur a loss? how will this
> risk be
> mitigated?
>
> * no profit, no loss: we'll pay the expenses according to the availability
> of funds
> * extra resources will allow to have more developers.
>
> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
> www.faunalia.eu

***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 750 095 8167
iShare - Data integration and publishing platform<http://www.isharemaps.com/>

864201149.