[Board] FOSS4GNA 2013 Financial Backstop

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Thu May 10 14:08:11 PDT 2012

Dear Board Members,

The Twin Cities, MN Local Chapter is currently working on the details for
hosting the North American regional FOSS4G in Spring 2013. We are currently
looking at working with a local non profit to act as the fiscal agent for
this conference to act as the bank account for pushing money through. One
item that we would like input from the OSGeo Board on is whether OSGeo
would be able to act as a financial backstop in case of any shortfalls in
the conference and if so what conditions and arrangements we need to put in
place to make that happen.

Before any agreement would be made, you would certainly need a lot more
details from us about how we are running the conference, but I would like
to at least get the conversation started to see if an arrangement like this
can work in principal.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have regarding this
event.

David