[Board] Questions from IRS vs our 501(c)(3) status

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 30 10:57:12 PDT 2012

On 12-10-30 1:46 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> The call started with a suggestion that there was hope for us getting
> 501(c)(3) with some adjustment, so the exchange started along this
> optimistic tone. And later in the call when he started talking about a
> subsidiary, I thought that being not charitable might be enough, I even
> thought that I asked specifically about 501(c)(6) but when I received
> his written notes yesterday it said "for-profit subsidiary" so all the
> excitement went away.

BTW, I see "taxable subsidiary" in my personal notes from the call with
respect to directly supporting software projects... so he definitely
used that term during the call and it must have been wishful thinking on
my part that made me forget that important bit of information.

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/