[Board] Travel Expenses

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Sep 6 06:36:14 PDT 2012

On 12-09-05 5:30 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Please note that at the moment, OSGeo only has a Directors & Officers
> liability insurance for its board directors. My understanding is that
> this insurance only cover possible legal actions related to
> acts/decisions made as directors and does not cover liability or other
> risks for people traveling on behalf of OSGeo for instance.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for clarifying (I was in fact on the Board when we initially
pursued the Directors & Officers liability insurance, I think Tyler
championed this); and I'd like to thank Tyler and now yourself for
keeping this maintained, as it is very important for the Board members.

I was more referring to the fact that OSGeo-related events, when they
invite OSGeo representatives, should keep in mind that one of the
expenses that should be kept in mind is for health insurance for a
speaker from the speaker's country of residence border to the host
destination.

(I must be maturing: 20 years ago I never would have been the one to
mention 'insurance')

-jeff