[Board] Advisory Board?

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at flaxen.com
Mon Sep 10 08:27:30 PDT 2012

After thinking about this over the weekend, I'm -0 on the Advisory Board idea. It may be that it could be defined in such a way that I'd support it, but (1) I don't see the our governance Board being as effective as it should and (2) we have a community of the best and brightest of the open source geo world already. Until we get better at leveraging those two, and until OSGeo has a better handle our our mission and direction, I'm reluctant to go further.

I do recognize that there are some high-level, influential people out there who could help us, and I'd like to see that happen eventually, but I'm just not sure I'm ready for that yet.

-mpg