[Board] [OSGeo-Standards] Status of the 10 OGC slots for OSGeo members

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:01:44 PDT 2012

Arnulf, Carl,
Is there any reason why a person would not be granted one of the OGC
slots for OSGeo members? If so, can we please list them on our wiki:

Possible reasons for not being provided with the OGC slot:
* The person works for an OGC member company or institution (and as such
already has OGC access)

* The person works for a spatial type company which by OGC assessment
should become a member. This would likely be the clause most referred
to. Eg, I understand Andrea has an interest in OGC standards through his
work, but his company is not currently working on an OGC testbed and
probably doesn't consider it worth becoming a member at this point.

* The person is not currently working on Open Source Geospatial Software

Can we also please also add a "token granted: date" next to each person
with a token.

--

http://www.lisasoft.com