[Board] FOSS4G-FR 2014

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Dec 18 05:06:51 PST 2013

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for sharing this info. FYI as I added the May 20-22 dates on
my calendar I noticed a potential conflict with the Location
Intelligence conference held on the same dates in Washington and where
LcationTech will hold open source sessions:

   http://www.locationintelligence.net/

Probably not a problem for anyone other than me, so I am just relaying
the info FYI.

Daniel

On 13-12-18 6:49 AM, Vincent Picavet wrote:
> Hello board,
>
> The OSGeo-fr local chapter organized this year a french-speaking one day event
> on FLOSS in the GIS field (that is, FOSS4G).
> Since it was the first edition, we had a specific name for it (which was not
> that appreciated by all).
> We had 150 people for this event and good feedback.
>
> In 2014 we intend to run a 2 days conference event + 1 day of workshops, all
> in french. We expect to gather around 300 persons.
> This event would be in Paris between the 20th and the 22nd of May, as we are
> offered (free of charge) a location to organize it and this is the only slot
> available.
>
> We would like to call the conference FOSS4G-FR. We read the discussions on
> "FOSS4G Brand" lately, and there does not seem to be a strict process to
> follow to be able to use this name. Please correct me if things changed since
> the threads we read.
> As for an announcement to the board, here it is :-)
>
> The person in charge of the project is Étienne Delay, and organization takes
> place on the OSGeo Francophone mailing list, as for now.
>
> Note that Gérald Fenoy is part of the event and could relay informations
> to/from OSGeo board.
>
> Do not hesitate if you have any question.
>
> Vincent Picavet / Étienne Delay

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/