[Board] geotools to change contribution agreement

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 22 08:48:58 PST 2013

Jody,

I have added an agenda item for next weeks meeting.

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-02-26

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask the board to consider these two agreements in their next
> meeting and either:
> a) issue the two documents (say at osgeo.org/licenses

They are not licenses, so we clearly would not put them exactly at that url.

I personally feel that there is no particular need for the board to
publish them somewhere special.  Instead, I think the best place for
them to live is in the incubator as "suggested best practice"
contributions agreements that could be used "as is" for projects.

> b) or acknowledge the actions of the GeoTools PMC (and the project can host
> the agreements)

I will seek a motion from the board approving their use GeoTools,
though as I've said before I don't see this as strictly necessary.

Best regards,