[Board] geotools to change contribution agreement

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 15:07:25 PST 2013

> They are not licenses, so we clearly would not put them exactly at that url.

They are considered code contribution licenses (i.e. the license that osgeo gets in order to accept the code).
> I personally feel that there is no particular need for the board to
> publish them somewhere special. Instead, I think the best place for
> them to live is in the incubator as "suggested best practice"
> contributions agreements that could be used "as is" for projects.

I would agree, if there was anything project specific in the text. As it is having the same document at a number of websites would present opportunities for confusion.

But yes, could host them in the incubation committee svn or something.
> > b) or acknowledge the actions of the GeoTools PMC (and the project can host
> > the agreements)
> >

> I will seek a motion from the board approving their use GeoTools,
> though as I've said before I don't see this as strictly necessary.

I understand, consider this a case of me playing it safe.

Jody