[Board] OSGeo Elections 2013

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Jul 2 06:29:44 PDT 2013

On 07/02/2013 02:27 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Hi Arnulf,
>
> Thank you for leading the election this year. The proposed
> schedule looks good to me.
>
> I see that you left the number of charter members to elect open by
> just referring to the limits of 10% and 33% of existing membership
> (i.e. between 14 and 48 new members for 2013). Should we settle on
> the number of charter members before the election, or are you
> simply proposing that we accept up to 48 new members if we get that
> many valid nominations?

Hi Daniel,
that was my thinking. First I arbitrarily raised the number to 30 but
could not think of any good reason and just left it open. We have a
clear upper limit of 48 members but I wonder whether we will get that
many nominations. If we limit to 20 and then have 22 good nominations
like last year we will again have to discuss...

> I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but I'd rather make
> things clear up front instead of having yet another yearly debate
> on this question during or after the election.

No strong opinion here either (and no say) so its the board who must
come up with a decision. I am fine with whatever the board decides. My
suggestion is to leave it at a max of 48 new members and see what
happens. I doubt we have that many nominations.

Cheers,
Arnulf