[Board] Sponsor NASA WorldWind student competition

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Mar 4 06:44:39 PST 2013

Hello Board,

I have been approached by the organizers of the NASA WorldWind Europa
Challenge (http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/), who really want to
have OSGeo sponsor the event.  It is a great way to have students using
Open Source spatial software.

Essentially it comes down to this:

- a minimum sponsor amount of 500 euros
- the money goes towards the winning teams
- then we can place an OSGeo logo on the site

-------

I am a strong +1 for this.  In the extended Board meeting we discussed
being flexible for certain sponsorship opportunities, and I believe this
exercise follows the core principles of OSGeo.

I would like to make a motion to sponsor the NASA WorldWind Europa
Challenge, with a small amount of 500 euros.

-jeff