[Board] Sponsor NASA WorldWind student competition

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 4 13:09:02 PST 2013

Jeff,

I must confess my first impression was similar to Camerons.  At first blush
this activity does not seem to have much to do with OSGeo projects nor is
the "sponsor prizes for a contest" something we have pursued much in the
past.

I'm not much interested in having our logo on the site as an objective.  On
the other hand, I would have some interest in processes that helped connect
us with the Worldwind community.

I was also slightly unsure if this is a "europe only" contest and how I
might feel about that with regard to OSGeo.

I'd obviously feel much better if the contests were about using any open
source geospatial technology with worldwind being on option but that might
bend things significantly out of the original conception from NASA.

I wouldn't mind of course if some OSGeo chapter decided to become involved.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com