[Board] Sponsor NASA WorldWind student competition

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 01:16:44 PST 2013

I would say, having OSGeo logo next to NASA, would be looking good.

On the other hand: according to [1]

* OSGeo should focus support on OSGeo communities and initiatives which
support themselves.

and

* Marketing OSGeo, which is currently focused around OSGeo-Live.

NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge does not seem to fit into first point.
And since OSGeo should be "low capital, volunteer focused organisation",
making marketing in this way does not fit into this concept as well.

I think, if we decide to support (financially) event with focus on one
*OSGeo* project (e.g. QGIS), which works as kind of showcase for the
foundation, than it is perfectly ok.

-0 for me

Jachym

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2013-02-26#Board_Priorities