[Board] Heads-up: plans for OGC/OSGeo Board meetup

maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it maria.brovelli at diiar-topo.polimi.it
Thu Sep 12 00:21:21 PDT 2013

Dear Jeff
I'll attend, if possible.

Please let me know what I have to do to "register" for the dinner.
Obvioulsly I pay (to be frank my - not requested opinion - is that
everybody has to pay). For discussing with people it is not necessary
to have a dinner. A dinner is something more ...

Ciao!
Maria

Def. Quota Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>:

> Hi Suchith,
>
> I am glad you will be attending.  I bet that most of the OSGeo Board
> members have no idea of the wonderful progress that the ICA-OSGeo Labs
> is making, especially the work that Luis at the OGC is making through
> his OGC Schools on github idea (I am happy that I got to hear him
> introduce this at the last meeting).  Suchith I hope that you can talk
> more of this with the other Board members during this dinner.
>
> -jeff
>

> On 2013-09-10 10:18 AM, Suchith Anand wrote:
>> Hi Jeff,
>>
>> I would also like to join this (and will pay my costs) as it will
>> be good opportunity to discuss and build more  ideas and plans on
>> education synergies between OSGeo and OGC.  As you know, through
>> the ICA-OSGeo Labs initiative , we are working with Luis (OGC) on
>> his excellent OGC Schools at GitHub idea. Many thanks.
>>
>> Suchith

>>> http://external.opengeospatial.org/twiki_public/Ideas4OGC/LeaderShip
>>> [2]
>>> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2013_BirdsOfAFeather#OGC.2FOSGeo_mee