[Board] Amazon

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 12:37:59 PDT 2013

I'm taking this email thread back to the public email list. (As below,
it is publicly being discussed on the QGIS list).

In answer to question:
"Does OSGeo want to provide infrastructure for the small, starting
projects, or also the bigger projects with higher demands?"

My thoughts are that OSGeo need only step in to help projects in areas
where there are gaps, and where OSGeo can help more efficiently than
commercial providers.
As being identified by the QGIS team, effective services are available
outside of OSGeo, and that is ok.
The real value that OSGeo provides is "a quality brand", marketing
pipelines, sourcing of developers and cross pollination between projects.