[Board] ICC 2015 in Rio de Janeiro

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Mon Jul 28 02:27:10 PDT 2014

Hi Gerald and Jeff,

I agree that a presence at ICC 2015 would be good. Please note that ICA
has a Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies
<http://http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/>  chaired by Suchith Anand
(also on OSGEO), and there actually is an MOU betewen OSGEO and ICA, teh
whole ICA-OSGEO labs initiative "geo for All" stems from that...

Several members of that Commission (including most likely Suchith and
myself) will be at the conference. With enough volunteers, we could man a
booth, BUT do note that a booth at such conferences is usually not really
cheap. I remember having a booth for our institute there some 10 years ago
and paying more then 1500$ just for a small space for 3 days.

yours
--
Barend Köbben
Senior Lecturer ­ ITC-University of Twente