[Board] ICC 2015 in Rio de Janeiro

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Jul 28 02:56:54 PDT 2014

> Hello,
> I knew about the ICA-OSGeo MOU but I did not know that Suchith will attend this conference. You also said that you will have help there.
> So with this new knowledge, I think we can now say that OSGeo will be present there, so what about the booth then ?
>
> When I mentioned the MOU it was more to have new ones that speaking about the well known existing one. Sorry if I was not clear.
>
> Note that I was guessing, maybe wrongly, that we may ask for a free booth there.
> Or at least a special discount for a foundation such as OSGeo.
>
> Hope to hear back from you,
> Best regards,

Having a MOU and the Geo For All network in common with ICA,  I guess
that asking for a free booth (or a substantial discount) makes a lot
of sense. Indeed it's good for both parts, that OSGeo has a good
presence there, promoting projects and community building.

It should be great to reach there other OSGeo'ers, a booth for a three
days conference is quite a lot of work for just two (probably hyper
busy) attendants.

Cheers

--
Jorge Sanz