[Board] OSGeo involvement in ufficial project

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Wed Mar 12 03:39:15 PDT 2014

Jachym,

for the first point, it is worth verifying if OSGeo can have a double location, one also in Europe. But then, the problem is how to get money and who works on the project. So, I understand that this is not trivial and probably what is done by other organizations could be analysed.
In any case, yes, at least the other points touched by you can be considered.

Maria

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus - Politecnico di Milano

Public Participation GIS: a FOSS architecture enabling field-data collection
 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17538947.2014.887150#.UwPVuIVnibF

ISPRS WG IV/5 "Web and Cloud Based Geospatial Services and Applications" - Co-chair - OSGeo Charter Member - ICA - OSGeo Advisory Board Member - SIFET Scientific Commitee Member

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALIA)
Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321
e-mail1: maria.brovelli at polimi.it
e-mail2: prorettrice at como.polimi.it