[Board] OSGeo involvement in οfficial project

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 12 14:00:41 PDT 2014

On 2014-03-12, 8:24 AM, Dimitris Kotzinos wrote:
> 2/ participating or sometimes even endorsing competitive projects on an
> official capacity (e.g. as OSGEO) can create all sorts of troubles on
> "why endorsing him/her and not me" or at a later stage "who handles the
> money and who gets"paid" from the money" that come through these sources.

Thanks Dimitris, I was raising this issue (OSGeo endorsing/certifying
certain projects and not others) in earlier offline discussions.  I do
like however the mention of local chapters, and how it should be up to
them (they know the local community, the local private companies,
organizations) to decide how to endorse certain projects.  It probably
shouldn't all come down to a guy sitting at a desk in a remote fishing
village ;)

-jeff