[Board] Motion: provide seed funding to FOSS4G 2016 team

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Aug 31 05:47:39 PDT 2015

On 2015-08-31 4:34 AM, till.adams at fossgis.de wrote:

> In order to start with contracting very soon, it was planned to sign the
> liablility contract this week. I have a skype meeting with Steven on
> thursday discussing and finalizing this, Jeff wanted to pass over a
> draft of this by today or tomorrow. So there is not much time for
> discussion. Also, in case we get only half of the needed liability, I
> have to find an insurance for the other 50k very soon...

Hi Till,

Actually I already drafted this document on Friday (update your 2016
subversion folder and you will see a new document in your
"budget_planning" folder).  Maxi's changes are there in a separate
document.

In the chaos of this topic spanning so many channels (private messages,
conference committee list, 2016 list, board list), I'd suggest that you
and Steven virtually "close the door" during your Thursday meeting, edit
that document in SVN to your liking, then propose those changes to the
entire OSGeo Conference Committee (this should be Steven's task), and
once approved Steven can take this to the OSGeo Board for final approval.

-jeff