[Board] Italian Project

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Dec 4 14:51:18 PST 2015

Jody,

I think "free and open-source software" is a well-known expression (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software , as in FOSS4G)
and the right one to use in that context. They are open-source software that
are not free software. And I'm not only speaking of price here, but free as
freedom. Sometimes the source code is "open", but you have not the rights to
modify etc etc...

Or maybe free/libre/open-source software (FLOSS) to remove any ambiguity on
the real meaning of free

Even

http://www.spatialys.com