[Board] Recognizing monetary contributions by Local Chapters

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 09:18:18 PST 2015

On 14 December 2015 at 00:53, Massimiliano Cannata <
massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch> wrote:

> I don't have clear idea on this and I feel I need more discussion and
> toughs.
>
> a spur of the moment comment:
> - I like the option to recognize particularly active local chapter (but
> not limiting it to monetary contribution)

+1 Very much this.

- I don't like the idea of funding local chapter without a specific "goal"
> or "mission" (then a specific request to the board)

Agreed, I like the idea of joining a local chapter in promoting an event,
or contributing to an event. I don't mind if assist local chapters organize
(for example paying a "meetup.com" fee - event planner which many local
chapters use).

In the conversation above we had the request to acknowledge organizations
that sponsored a local chapter. I agree that it needs more
discussion/thought.

Jody