[Board] formal request for OSGeo sponsorship for annual code sprint

Robert Cheetham cheetham at azavea.com
Tue Jan 27 13:29:52 PST 2015

OSGeo Board,

I am writing to make a formal request for sponsorship of the 2015 OSGeo
Code Sprint, to be held in Philadelphia Feb 9 - 13.  We have already lined
up almost $10,000 in sponsorships, but, similar to previous years, we are
making a request for support from OSGeo.

Our request is for $ 12,000, a somewhat higher amount than was requested
for 2014.  While many of projected expenses are in line with past years, we
were unable to find a venue willing to donate the space so we have a $
3,800 venue fee.  In addition, we have taken the step of reserving a block
of hotel rooms and this required Azavea to commit to a minimum number of
room nights.  We have suggested an approach that might help to both raise
registration as well as cover part of out-of-town sprinter's expenses.

In line with the the OSGeo Code Sprint Guidelines
<http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines>, we have prepared the
following materials:

*Sprint wiki page: *
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Code_Sprint_2015

*Formal proposal *outlining the requested information from OSGeo Code
Sprint Guidelines <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines>:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eInBOaj8PF2V7U9kt4JRcrkhyI9puh2EdygCmulXa4I/edit?usp=sharing

*Detailed Budget:  *
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ctrAdPuhw7HzFFT_0X5gMsw-p_cBuLguLVj4mtNl--M/edit?usp=sharing

The budget is outlined using a similar format to the 2014 sprint in Vienna
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvA-LTbghEuHdC1oX3BpYW9RUU5neTU4ZkZOeEpwcFE>
.

Any surplus will be returned to OSGeo.

I invite the board to let me know if you have any questions about the
materials or the request,

Best regards,

Robert

------------------
Robert Cheetham

Azavea  |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
cheetham at azavea.com  | T 215.701.7713
Web azavea.com <http://www.azavea.com/>  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  |
Twitter @ <http://goog_858212415>rcheetham <http://twitter.com/rcheetham>
 and @azavea <http://twitter.com/azavea>

*Azavea is a B Corporation <http://www.bcorporation.net/what-are-b-corps> -
we apply geospatial technology for civic and social impact*
*while advancing the state-of-the-art through research. Join us
<http://jobs.azavea.com/>.*