[Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] Kicking off Elections 2015 process

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 05:37:18 PDT 2015

Hi Vasile,
Looks good.

Some minor suggestions for tweaks from me:

Page 1:
From: During the years the charter members selection procedure SUFFERED
minor and major changes
To__: During the years the charter members selection procedure HAD minor
and major changes
Comment: "Suffered" implies the changes were bad, which I assume you
don't want to convey in a poll.

From: OSGeo is polling HIS charter members ...
To__: OSGeo is polling  charter members ...
Minor Comment: Ideally, try not giving an organisation a gender as some
people are opinionated about what gender to use. (Ditto for rest of
document)

---
Page 2:
---
From: Should OSGeo move from ...
To__: OSGeo should move from ...
Comment: For Agree/Disagree question, you should have a STATEMENT to
agree with, rather than a QUESTION. (Alternative is to provide
YES/NO/NOT SURE selection boxes.)
Also, suggest can you change "1" to "1 Strongly Agree" and "10" to "10
Strongly Disagree" (to make the selection clearer)

Warm regards, Cameron

On 27/07/2015 10:26 pm, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please accept my apologies for all the delays related to this survey.
>
> You can all check the actual structure of the survey at
>
> https://survey.des.ucdavis.edu/osgeo/index.php/survey/index/sid/879386/newtest/Y/lang/en
>

> *Please do not execute the survey!* Separate invitations will be sent
> to all our charter members as soon as we agree with the survey structure.
>
> I have tried to include help text, comments and references for all the
> important question, especially the one related to the charter member
> election mechanism - this part may look a little bit bureaucratic, any
> suggestions fore improvement more than welcome. A simple application
> was created to allow you to understand the impact of the selected
> formula and threshold using the last year votes. You can access the
> application at
>
> http://geo-spatial.org/charter2014-sim/
>
> A link was included in the survey too.
>
> Any comments, requests for change or to include additional questions
> are welcome. Please respond ASAP as the time is running fast.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
>
> OSGeo 2015 CRO
>

> On 7/26/15 8:36 PM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
>> So is there a proposal for the survey questions already somewhere?
>>
>> Bart
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager