[Board] Motion on Open lidar letter

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed May 6 08:07:31 PDT 2015

Thanks Jeff and it is indeed great team effort. I thank all (OSGeo, OGC, ISPRS, ASPRS, ICA and wider geocommunity colleagues) who all have contributed directly and indirectly for Open Standards principles and for this LiDAR issue.

I could have ignored this LiDAR standards issue thinking this is not my problem  BUT i had to take a stand on this (Open Standards) as it affects the wider Geocommunity and also for the future of GeoEducation opportunities for all.

We want all involved (Esri, OGC, ASPRS) to join together in this efforts to make sure Open Standards are followed. It is win-win for all.

Great to hear that you and Scott (OGC) will be meeting on skype next week and let us all work together to make  OGC TC meeting in Boulder productive to help everyone exchange ideas and  work together for this.

Best wishes,

Suchith