[Board] Minutes from 12 November meeting

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Tue Nov 17 02:52:52 PST 2015

Dead Board,
it appears that there is a misunderstanding about what justice means.
There are two quite different approaches which are nicely depicted in
this cartoon:
https://www.google.de/search?q=Equality_is_not_always_Justice&tbm=isch

Guess what my take is?

This is to say that I concur with Cameron that someone coming from afar
on their own cost may "deserve" more financial support than someone who
can attend FOSS4G with their employer's support or even simply on their
own. So personally and as an OSGeo Charter Member I absolutely support
that OSGeo reimburses board members for travel and accommodation - if
they ask for it. If they do not ask for it because they can get funding
elsewhere - so much the better.

Not sure whether the current set-up of directors would even consider
something this unorthodox. And to be honest, while I was on the board I
never dared even suggesting something like this because it would very
much look like self serving, even if it is not at all and by no means.
So this may require that we poll the Charter Members instead of making
it a board motion.  Thoughts?

Have fun,
Arnulf