[Board] How about freezing agendas 1 week prior to the meeting?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Oct 15 13:25:54 PDT 2015

Sanghee, just to make sure you are aware, the public board list is
"board(at)lists.osgeo.org", and private list is
"board-priv(at)osgeo.org".    You seem to have found a workaround on all
my hundreds of e-mail client filters and discovered that
"board(at)osgeo.org" also works (?).  ha.

-jeff

On 2015-10-15 5:21 PM, Sanghee Shin wrote:
> I think 2 different issues are mixed here.
>
> 1. Some important items/agendas handed over to new board members who don’t know much about those.
>
> 2. For the future meeting, how to improve the meeting efficiency.
>
> Regards,
>
> 신상희
> ---
> Shin, Sanghee
> Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
> http://www.gaia3d.com
>
>> 2015. 10. 15., 오후 9:18, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com> 작성:
>>
>> I don't think that should just be for new board members
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> Michael Smith
>> OSGeo Foundation Treasurer
>> treasurer at osgeo.org
>>

>> On 10/15/15,  4:14 PM, "Board on behalf of Jeff McKenna"
>> <board-bounces at lists.osgeo.org on behalf of jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sanghee,
>>>
>>> I will try to do this, yes.  A lot of that is my fault, trying to fit
>>> everything in. Over the years it seems now that the community has
>>> matured we're dealing with tougher issues.
>>>
>>> Jody made a suggestion to me offline, of a short hangout (audio at
>>> least) just for new board members soon.  Would that help things?  I can
>>> explain more about topics that were thrown onto new board members, like
>>> infrastructure needs, roles, and give an opportunity to ask questions -
>>> during a meeting there is often little chance to ask questions.   Would
>>> that help?
>>>
>>> -jeff

Jeff McKenna
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/