[Board] f2f meeting agenda schedule

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Tue Jan 26 01:40:42 PST 2016

Dear All,
from my perspective during 2016, aside ongoing activities, as an
organization we do have three big goals:

2016 OBJECTIVES
=======================
* develop an OSGeo 2020 strategy
* define a 2016 strategy implementation plan (define priorities and budget)
* follow-up the implementation and monitoring

I would also propose to give a title to the F2F meeting: "*Toward the OSGeo
2020 strategy plan*"
I believe this help the community to understand what we are going to
address and why do we meet and what outputs do they have to expect.

In my view to develop an "OSGeo 2020 strategy plan" we need to:
1- define vision, mission, values, ethics
2- identify a limited number of strategic objectives (SO)
3- for each SO identify a number of outcomes
4- for each outcome define actions, impact, outputs, indicators, means of
verification, risks

I believe the Board at the F2F meeting should start to define the point 1,
2 and 3 plus define a procedure to involve the charter members in revising
1,2,3 and defining  4.

As you can see, the topics in agenda are those required for the definition
of the strategic plan, but in my view this structure provides a single
focused objective that include all the points in agenda.

Of course some time should be reserved for more practical point in agenda.

So my proposal, which include all the current agenda topics is:

"*Toward the OSGeo 2020 strategy plan*"

*0. Government*
* evaluation of resignation of Jeff McKenna
* replacement of the President
* replacement of the Board member

*1. Define vision, mission, values, ethics*
* review mission statement and revise it if necessary
* develop core values of OSGeo to dictate behaviour and action around open
source GIS
* review foundation goals and set the vision of OSGeo
* review bylaws based on mission statement, core values and vision

*2. Identify a limited number of strategic objectives (SO) and the expected
outcomes*
* review relationships with external organisations based on mission
statement, core values and vision
* review relationship with participants (contributors, members and sponsors)
* review projects
* review branding (website etc.)
* review finances
* review incubation progress
* review conference practice and procedure

*3. Define a procedure for "OSGeo 2020 strategy plan" finalization*
* define working plan (steps, votes, discussion time, etc.)
* define community involvement and procedures
* define assignments and responsabilities (who do what by when)
* define a budget plan for 2016

*4. Practical questions*
* analyse the need of having executive directors which helps to implements
decisions
* Geo4All organization positioning
* analyse the need to guarantee representation of minorities in the OSGeo
government bodies (e.g.: allocate board slots by geographical location is
an option)

Best,
Maxi

--