[Board] Application for funding QGIS Codesprint/Developers meeting - QGIS HackFest, Girona

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Mar 17 07:54:00 PDT 2016

Daniel,
thanks for the link and for the work you did.

I believe it is very clear, but the point to me is that we have limited
resources and I don't like the idea of first came first serve and the other
fast.

I think we need to set up rules for application:
- when can you send a request
- what is the allocated budget
- how much for each in general
etc...

Something like a call where everyone is aware and can decide to apply or
not.

Best,
maxi

> [...]
>>>     <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>>
>>>     *Subject:**Re: [Board] Application for funding QGIS
>>>     Codesprint/Developers meeting - QGIS HackFest, Girona*
>>>     *Date:*16 March 2016 at 23:34:44 GMT
>>>     *To:*Lluís Vicens <lluis at sigte.udg.es
>>>     <mailto:lluis at sigte.udg.es>>, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com
>>>     <mailto:tim at kartoza.com>>
>>>     *Cc:*"board at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:board at lists.osgeo.org>"
>>>     <board at lists.osgeo.org <mailto:board at lists.osgeo.org>>
>>>

>>>     I wish I had better email skills ... let me try that again - I am
>>>     viewing these items as a single event sharing sponsorship: QGIS
>>>     Hackfest, QGIS User and Developer Conference and Jornadas de SIG
>>>     Libre. The three activities share a single website.
>>>
>>>       * Based on the provided budget (which covers all three events)
>>>         it appears this is correct - all three events share a budget.
>>>       * Reading closely thesponsorship
>>>         <http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/en/patrocinadores/>is
>>>         only advertised to cover the Jornadas de SIG Libre and QGIS
>>>         User and Developer conference.
>>>
>>>     Updating my email:
>>>
>>>         I would like to make a motion to cover an expected gap in
>>>         sponsorship for the event (QGIS Hackfest, QGIS User and
>>>         Developer Conference and Jornadas de SIG Libre). The amount is
>>>         subject to sponsor generosity, currently budgeted as a 4000
>>>         EUR shortfall.
>>>

>>>     This is specifically so that organizers and university do not feel
>>>     financially exposed in this community outreach, community building
>>>     and development activity.
>>>
>>>     I note my suggested motion is a little bit at odds with the
>>>     original request - which specified that any additional funds be
>>>     provided to/"cover full expenses from the Monestir de Sant Daniel
>>>     in order to contribute to the QGIS project"./We may wish to ask
>>>     for clarifiation on this expectation.
>>>
>>>     I understand that this motion steps out of bounds from
>>>     specifically a code-sprint request, I feel the response is
>>>     warranted given we are looking at larger event.
>>>     --
>>>     Jody Garnett
>>>
>>>     On 15 March 2016 at 09:27, Jody Garnett<jody.garnett at gmail.com
>>>     <mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>>wrote:
>>>
>>>         Dear board members, based on this conversation I would like to
>>>         make a motion to underwrite the QGIS hackfest. It sounds like
>>>         the event is missing some sponsorship so this will be more of
>>>         a risk then usual.
>>>
>>>         (Indeed because it is at risk, and a valuable event, is the
>>>         reason I am prepared to make a motion).
>>>
>>>         Please take a moment to review the submitted request, that way
>>>         we can save discussion during voting.
>>>         --
>>>         Jody

>> --
>> *Massimiliano Cannata*
>>
>> Professore SUPSI in ingegneria Geomatica
>>
>> Responsabile settore Geomatica
>>

>> Istituto scienze della Terra
>>
>> Dipartimento ambiente costruzione e design
>>
>> Scuola universitaria professionale della Svizzera italiana

*Massimiliano Cannata*

massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch

*www.supsi.ch/ist <http://www.supsi.ch/ist>*