[Board] Application for funding QGIS Codesprint/Developers meeting - QGIS HackFest, Girona

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Mar 17 08:03:59 PDT 2016

For the record, I cannot take credit for this procedure, it was
initially created by Michael Gerlek with contributions from others over
time.

Also, the problem that you fear of events being turned down because the
allocated budget has all been used up never happened, so I would not
block everybody for that reason until it becomes a real issue.

The only blockers that have happened in the past that I am aware of is
that some event request did not fit some of the guidelines (such as open
budget) and that led to long discussions in some cases to decide if we
fund them or not, or which form the funding can take. I don't think
stronger rules will make this pain point any better.

Daniel